What is a computer hardware diagnostics?
Computer hardware diagnostics is the process that an EasyITGuys expert will run on your computer to determine if any of your computer’s hardware is failing or starting to fail. Diagnostics consist of over 60 different tests can take upwards of 16 hours to complete.
Basically, we make your computer run a triathalon, then when it finishes, we run it through a marathon, and then if it still is alive we give your computer a clean bill of health. The general rule of thumb is that if your computer passes diagnostics you should have a few good years of life left in it.
How did I get this problem?
Hardware problems can occur from: normal wear and tear on your computer, power surges or brownouts, incorrect installation of new hardware, static electricity, humidity in the air, internal heating and cooling problems, dust and debris buildup on internal parts, and even from you physically moving your computer (specifically laptops).
Performing hardware diagnostics is recommended when you experience blue screens of death, random computer lockups/freezing, hear abnormal noises coming from inside your computer, and even if you your computer performance is poor. Defective or failing hardware can cause any of the these issues.
What could happen if I don’t do anything?
Consequences of not choosing to have a hardware diagnostic completed could cause the following problems:
- Incorrect conclusions of what is truely your computer problem
- Slow computer performance
- Data loss if your hard drive is failing and you don’t catch it in time
- Expensive Data recovery costs if your hard drive fails and you want your data
- Rash actions to buy a new computer when your old computer may just need a replacement part. Repairing your current computer generally costs less than the total cost of purchasing a new computer.
What can EasyITGuys do?
- Test your computer for hardware defects
- Correctly diagnose your computer problems and offer easy solutions
- Replace defective parts if found
- Recommend upgrade options to keep your computer fast and current
- Help you purchase a new computer