What is a Data Backup?
A data backup is the process of backing up or making a copy of your data located on your computer.
What is Data Recovery?
Data recovery is the process in which data recovery is performed on a corrupt file, delete file, corrupt operating system, or froma defective hard drive.
Data recovery has three stages. Stage 1 is when data is recovered from a working hard drive. Stage 2 is when data is recovered from a partially working hard drive. Stage 3 is when data is recovered from a non-working hard drive.
Data can be recovered from digital camera memory cards, flash drives, and hard drives.
*Best attempts are made at recovering your data. Due to individual circumstances and condition of data being recovered, results may vary.
How did I get this problem?
Data loss can occur from:
- A malfunctioning or defective hard drive
- Improper shut downs of your computer (forced shutdowns by holding down the power button)
- Corruption of files from windows errors
- Power fluctuations (brown-outs/surges)
- Accidental deletion of files
- Virus and spyware infections
What could happen if I don’t do anything?
Consequences of not taking preventative measures to backup your computer correctly could be:
- Permanant loss of personal data (photos, music, homework, financial records, etc)
- Non-secure backups – doing a data backup without scanning for infections. This leads to re-infecting yourself or others with the infection currently living in your data.
- Expensive data recovery fees if data is lost
What can EasyITGuys do?
- Scan for and remove viruses and spyware from your data
- Safely and securely backup your data
- Offer various data backup solutions (automated data backup, one-time data backup, and online data backup)
- Keep a backup of your data for 30 days securely (free upon request)