Viruses and SpywarePrograms that are designed to slow down your computer to sell you fake products and, steal your personal information
What are the signs that you may be infected?
If your computer is experiencing the following, then you may have viruses and/or spyware installed on your computer:
- Slow computer performance
- Annoying popups
- Wierd sounds coming from inside the computer
- Computer is doing things by itself
- Receiving alerts that you are infected with a virus
- You can’t install a program or piece of hardware
- Emails are automatically being sent from your email without your consent.
- You are automatically directed to pages while browsing the internet.
- You notice new icons appear on your desktop that you didn’t install
How did I get this problem?
Generally viruses, spyware, and malware come from using file sharing programs such as limewire, bearshare, morpheus, bit torrents, and kazaa. These infections can also come from websites or emails. Most users will have a anti-virus or a anti-spyware program but it will either be expired, have outdated virus and spyware definitions, or may not offer enough protection to stop these threats.
Should I buy protection when free protection is available?
Anti-virus and anti-spyware programs come in many different flavors. Some anti-virus and anti-spyware programs are free while others may cost money for a yearly subscription. There are literally hundreds of anti-virus and spyware programs available today. Quality of protection will vary greatly and many of the free protection options available do not offer real time protection from viruses and spyware. Free programs may also not be updated often enough to provide the most up-to-date virus and spyware protection. Purchasing a commercial anti-virus and anti-spyware program will provide real-time protection and may also offer virus and spyware updates on an hourly basis.
What could happen if I don’t do anything?
Not taking care of the threats that are installed on your computer can result into the following:
- Identity Theft
- Fraudulent Transactions on your credit card
- Your important accounts warning you of login from an area you have not even visited
- Slow computer performance
- Other computers at your work/home start showing similar symptoms.
What can we do to eliminate the threats?
If you think that you might have a virus installed on your computer, don’t fret. Our IT Experts will do the following:
- Clean your computer of all software that may slow down your computer
- Install our premium protection software that will update itself and prevent future threats
- Teach you safe online habits
- Use a time machine to bring your computer back in time to before it was infected.
- Refresh your computer to like-new performance while keeping your important files.
344 N. Washington Street
Saint Croix Falls, WI 54024
Hours: Mon-Sat, 10AM to 6PM
(*Sat 2PM to 6PM VIP Members and Partners ONLY)